DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY INFORMATION of Rotkäppchen-Mumm Sektkellereien GmbH
Last updated June 6, 2018
This website is operated by Rotkäppchen-Mumm Sektkellereien GmbH. The text below provides information on the collection of personal data when this website is used. “Personal data” means all data that can be associated with you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behavior.
Your data are collected, processed and used in accordance with the provisions of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and data protection and privacy law, particularly the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This data protection and privacy statement provides information on the collection of personal data on and via our website from the data subject pursuant to Article 13 GDPR.
1. Collection of personal data in the case of informational use
(1) When this website is used merely for informational purposes, meaning if you do not log in or register to use the website or otherwise transfer information to us, we do not collect any personal data except those transferred by your browser. The purpose of this collection of data is to allow you to visit the website and to ensure the website’s functionality. We also use the data to optimize the website and ensure the security of our information technology systems. These data are as follows:
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and interface
- Browser software language and version
(2) In addition, cookies are stored on your computer when you use the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, associated with the browser you use, and that send certain information to the body that places the cookie (meaning, in this case, us). A cookie typically includes the name of the domain where the cookie originates, the cookie’s “lifespan,” and a value, generally a randomly generated unique number. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. The purpose of using cookies is to make our website more user-friendly and effective on the whole. Some elements of our Internet site require it to be possible to identify the accessing browser even after a change of sites.
- Transient cookies (session cookies) are automatically erased when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. These cookies store what is known as a session ID, which is used to associate various queries from your browser with the same session. This makes it possible to recognize your computer if you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies (permanent cookies) are automatically deleted after a predetermined span of time, which may vary by cookie. You can erase these cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
- Cookies associated with third-party services, as described below.
- The Flash cookies used are not collected by your browser, but rather by your Flash plugin. These cookies store the necessary data regardless of the browser you are using. They do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not wish the Flash cookies to be processed, you need to install a corresponding add-on.
- Web beacons are electronic symbols (also known as “clear GIFs” or “Web bugs”) that allow us to count the number of users who have visited the website.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and reject third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note, however, that if you do this, you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
(3) This stored information is stored separately from any other data provided to us. In particular, the data from the cookies are not combined with your other data, to the extent that such other data are transmitted.
2. Collection of personal data in the case of personalized use
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services you can use if you are interested. To do this, you are generally required to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the service in question. If provision of additional voluntary information is possible, the information is marked accordingly. We collect, process, and use only those personal data that are necessary to your use of the website and/or the performance of a contract entered into with us or that you provide yourself. This includes but is not limited to the following inventory data and use data, which may be transferred via forms on our website:
- Name (consisting of form of address, title, first name, last name, and gender)
- Phone number
- e-mail address
- Date of birth
- User registration and login data
(2) We use inventory data and use data to establish, arrange the content of, amend, or terminate a contractual relationship with you where applicable, to fulfill our contractual obligations, to allow the user to log in to the website, and to contact you if you request this or if it is necessary or permitted by law within the scope of the contractual relationship.
With the exception of the data collected by the third-party providers mentioned below, the personal data are stored and processed within the European Union.
3. Deletion periods
Unless otherwise described in this data protection and privacy information, we store your data only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed unless statutory storage periods require that they be stored for a longer time. This means that your personal data are erased after your request or transaction is processed unless otherwise agreed or unless the law dictates otherwise.
Inventory data are erased two years after the termination of the contractual relationship, as of the end of the calendar year, unless longer storage thereof is necessary and permitted by law.
4. Anonymous analysis of use data for statistical purposes
Unless you object, we are entitled to create use profiles using pseudonyms for purposes of advertising and marketing, market research or to design the website in keeping with demand. In particular, we analyze the use data anonymously for statistical purposes in order to design the website in keeping with demand. You can object to this use of your personal data by notifying us.
5. Use of Google Analytics and Google AdWords
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a Web analytics service of Google Inc. (“Google”), and the online marketing procedure Google “AdWords” to place ads on the Google advertising network.
(2) Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files stored on your computer that enable analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of this website that is generated by the cookie is typically transferred to a Google server in the United States and stored there. However, if you have IP anonymization activated on this website, Google will truncate (shorten) your IP address beforehand within Member States of the European Union or in other states that are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in isolated instances is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyze your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide the website operator with other services associated with website use and Internet use.
(3) When our website and others on which the Google advertising network is active are accessed, Google “AdWords” causes a Google code to be executed directly by Google, and what are known as marketing or remarketing tags (invisible graphic images or code, also known as “Web beacons”) are embedded into the website. These tags are used to create an individual cookie on the user’s device that stores which websites the user visits, which content is of interest to him or her, and which offerings the user has clicked on, along with technical information on the browser and operating system, referring websites, visit time and further information regarding the use of the online presence. An individual “conversion cookie” is also created. The information obtained using the cookie is used by Google to generate conversion statistics for us.
(4) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of the aforementioned services is not combined with other Google data.
(5) You can prevent cookies from being stored by adjusting the settings of your browser software accordingly; we do, however, point out that in this case, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website in full.
(6) You can also prevent the information generated by the cookie with regard to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being collected and provided to Google and from being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link:
You can also prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking the following link: deactivate Google Analytics
This will place an opt-out cookie that prevents future collection of your data when you visit this website. Please note that this cookie will have to be replaced after you delete all cookies. Opt-out cookies prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. To prevent collection of information by Universal Analytics across different devices, the opt-out does, however, have to be carried out on all systems used.
(7) This website uses Google Analytics with the addition "_anonymizeIp()." This truncates IP addresses before they are processed further, so there is no possibility of directly identifying individuals.
6. Subcontractors and recipients of personal data
(1) We use the services of subcontractors within the scope of processing of personal data and enter into a contract with these processors in accordance with the requirements of Article 28 GDPR.
The subcontractor used to host the website is DFAU GmbH, Gustav-Weißkopf-Str. 5, 90768 Fürth, Germany.
(2) The subcontractor used to monitor our general e-mail addresses is KiKxxl GmbH, Mindener Str. 127, 49084 Osnabrück, Germany.
7. Protecting your personal data
We take technical and organizational measures in accordance with the requirements of Article 32 GDPR to protect the user’s personal data. All of our employees who are involved in the processing of personal data have undertaken an obligation to safeguard data secrecy. The user’s personal data are encrypted using HTTPS when they are transferred to the website.
8. Legal bases
Pursuant to Article 13 GDPR, we are required to notify you of the legal bases for our data processing.
Where we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing operations involving personal data, point (a) of Article 6(1) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
Point (b) of Article 6(1) GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing of personal data as necessary in order to perform a contract to which the data subject is party. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract.
To the extent that the processing of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which our company is subject, point (c) of Article 6(1) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
The legal basis for the temporary storage of the data and logfiles is point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data using technically necessary cookies is point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR. The legal basis for the process of personal data using cookies for analysis purposes is point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
After you register for our newsletter, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of transmitting the newsletter. The legal basis is point (a) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
If the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party and such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
If the processing of personal data is based on point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR, our legitimate interest lies in the performance of our business activity for the benefit of the well-being of all of our employees and our shareholders.
9. No automated decision making / no profiling
We do not engage in any automated decision making or profiling.
10. Rights of data subjects
The user and other data subjects have the following rights toward us in relation to their personal data:
- Right of access to information on the relevant personal data (Article 15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR)
- Right to erasure (Article 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR)
- Right to object to processing if the data processing takes place based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR (Article 21 GDPR); on this point, also see the note below regarding the right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
- Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
- Right to withdraw consent that has been granted at any time without the lawfulness of the processing that has been carried out based on the consent prior to withdrawal thereof being affected if the data processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2) GDPR
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us (Article 77 GDPR).
11. Note regarding the right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
A. Right to object based on your particular situation
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on point (e) (public security) or (f) (data processing on the basis of a weighing of interests) of Article 6(1) GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions. We will then no longer process the personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing services for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
B. Right to object in the case of direct marketing
Where we process personal data concerning you for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes.
C. Exercising the right to object
No particular form is required in order to exercise your right to object. You can simply send a letter to Rotkäppchen-Mumm Sektkellereien GmbH, Sektkellereistraße 5, 06632 Freyburg/Unstrut, Germany, or contact us by e-mail at info(at)rotkaeppchen-mumm.de.
12. Service provider / controller / contact details / objection / withdrawal of consent
The service provider pursuant to Sec. 13 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and controller within the meaning of the GDPR, other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection nature is:
Rotkäppchen-Mumm Sektkellereien GmbH
Phone: +49 34464 34-0
Fax: +49 34464 27237
All requests for access, rectification, or erasure, objections or notices of withdrawal of consent, assertion of the right to restriction of processing or the right to data portability, and comments or questions from users in relation to data protection should be directed to this address.
13. Data protection officer
Our data protection officer is Stephan Schmidt, Attorney at Law, Mainz. You can reach him at datenschutzbeauftragter(at)rotkaeppchen-mumm.de or by mail for the attention of the data protection officer.
14. Data protection supervisory authority and right to lodge a complaint
The data protection supervisory authority with jurisdiction over us is:
The Hessen State Data Protection Commissioner
Gustav-Stresemann-Ring 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)611/1408-0, Fax +49 (0)611/1408-900 or -901,
15. Updates to this data protection and privacy information
From time to time, it is necessary to adjust the content of this data protection and privacy information. We therefore reserve the right to amend it at any time. We will transmit the amended version of the data protection and privacy information to registered users by e-mail before it takes effect and publish it in the same location as this data protection and privacy information.